"I am 20 years old, my name is Hwang Soon-ho, and I am currently attending Handong Global University in South Korea."
If you want to know more about me, please refer to my introduction on this GGS Platform
https://saebeomi.blogspot.com/2026/05/handong-friend-sunho-hwang-from-pohang.html.
https://saebeomi.blogspot.com/2026/05/handong-friend-sunho-hwang-from-pohang.html.
Overview - The primary causes of this demographic crisis are threefold. First, there is a decrease in quality jobs due to the relocation of major conglomerates' production lines, such as Samsung and LG, to the Seoul metropolitan area and overseas, which has severely impacted local partner companies. Second, a lack of educational, medical, and cultural infrastructure has led to an exodus of the youth population, especially women, to larger cities. Lastly, the development of large-scale new towns in neighboring cities like Gimcheon and Chilgok has accelerated population outflow.
Plan - To address this challenge, our strategy focuses on encouraging childbirth and boosting local employment. First, we plan to promote family growth by providing financial support for medical expenses and ensuring accessible parental leave. Additionally, we aim to create numerous job opportunities to prevent further population outflow to other regions.
Execute - To execute this initiative and take personal action, I plan to gather direct feedback from our community. I can conduct surveys to assess the current job market situation in Gumi. Furthermore, I can survey residents to evaluate whether the city's current childbirth and childcare support systems are actually effective and well-established.
I chose this idea because it addresses the serious problem of population decline in Gumi by focusing on its main causes, such as the lack of jobs and the shortage of education, medical, and cultural services. I also think the idea is realistic because it includes surveys to understand the needs of local residents and the current situation. If more jobs and better childcare support are provided, it could have a positive impact on young people and families in the community. In addition, these policies could help people stay in Gumi for a longer time, making the idea more sustainable.
ReplyDelete