<My Second Introduction as a Preservice Teacher>
I’m majoring in elementary education at Gyeongin National University of Education.
Gyeongin National University of Education is often called GINUE for short. It is a university that trains students to become elementary school teachers.
I’m a third-year student, and I’d also like to tell you a little about the elementary school where I’ll be doing my teaching practicum this October.
Third-year students go to an elementary school for three weeks to teach children and learn about what it’s like to work in a real school. This time, I’ll be doing my teaching practicum at Incheon Yonghak Elementary School.
It is located in Yonghyeon-dong, Michuhol-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City, a port city, and it is also close to Seoul.
It is located near Inha University Station on the Suin-Bundang Line, making it easily accessible by public transportation. Inha University, several schools, apartments, and various local amenities are located nearby. As the school is situated in an area undergoing residential and urban development in Yonghyeon-dong and the Yonghyeon-Hakik district, it has characteristics of both an established urban area and a newly developed residential area.
Incheon Yonghak Elementary School is a large school with about 1,120 students, and there are approximately seven classes in each grade.
Since it is a public elementary school established in 2016, it has a relatively short history compared to schools in older, established urban areas.
I’m really excited to meet the students and see how I’ll spend my time during the teaching practicum!!
Written by training teacher, Jiyu & Yian.
.jpg)
.jpg)