JJ Friends : Jigme Wangmo Yangzom from Bhutan

JIRI
By -
12

 

Hello I am Jigme Wangmo Yangzom from Bhutan. I'm 18 years old and I am also a participant in jamboree held at South Korea. In this picture I'm wearing my national dress while visiting Changangkha Lhakhang(temple) located in Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan.



This is after arriving at the campsite for Jamboree located at Saemangeum, South Korea. Upon reaching we meet scouts from Thailand, with whom we are sharing the camp with. They were all nice and friendly making the Jamboree more fun.


As of here, it's the Samsung transportation museum that we visited at Yongin city. It was fun discovering various models of cars and looking around the museum was also enjoyable.


And here, we went to look around   Yongin city and also went to eat at a restaurant there. The place a mesmerizing and the food was very delicious there.



We all got to stretch and do some yoga at Samsung life insurance and human centre.


And also had fun designing our own fan with the help of the mentors present there.



Here we learned the choreography for super shy a kpop song by one of the most popular girl group, New Jeans. It was an interesting program even when I'm a bad dancer since I always liked kpop.



Lastly the closing ceremony, where all the scouts gathered at the 2002 world cup stadium at Seoul. There we got to watch the performances of popular K-pop groups like New Jeans, NCT dreams, Itzy and many more. It can be said that it was one of the most memorable moments at Jamboree. I enjoyed alot and also my dream of attending a K-pop concert was fulfilled.







Tags:

Post a Comment

12Comments

  1. Life a a journey, not a destination. You got an opportunity to participate and interact with diverse people. Feel proud of it and make the difference. Embrace your movement and showcase your learning to other friends. Wow Wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow…great, proud of you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jigme! Your national dress is beautiful. What does it represent or symbolize in Bhutanese culture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello 👋
      Bhtans national dress for women that I wore is known as Kira and Driglam Namzha is the official guideline for the etiquette and dress code in Bhutan. It was first introduced by Zhandrung Ngawang Namgyel in 17th century. Our national dress symbolize our unique cultural identity and showes that all the citizens are united.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for responding! The history and cultural significance of your national dress are fascinating.
      Your jamboree experience sounds incredible too! What was your favorite part of the jamboree?

      Delete
  4. Bhutan Jigme Wangmo Yangzo.April 29, 2024 at 1:28 AM

    Hello 👋
    Bhtans national dress for women that I wore is known as Kira and Driglam Namzha is the official guideline for the etiquette and dress code in Bhutan. It was first introduced by Zhandrung Ngawang Namgyel in 17th century. Our national dress symbolize our unique cultural identity and showes that all the citizens are united.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. you had a great time i think! Korea is very good country you know. I also think Bhtans is a very good country too. I hope to go to Bhtans. See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard Jamboree was hot, how hot was it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you had a great time in korea. I want to visit Bhutan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear, Jigme Wangmo Yangzom
    Hi, I'm Hyo-ryung An from Korea. I'm a college student who will become an elementary school teacher in Korea. I'm currently attending GYEONGIN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, and I'm taking Professor Kim's class. Recently, I became interested in Bhutan, so I'm producing a textbook to introduce Bhutan to elementary school students. I heard that you will participate in GG Summer School online this year, but I was asked by Professor Kim, so maybe I can participate in GG Summer School with you and help you in Korea. - Nice to meet you.

    But I have a lack of information about Bhutan and I want to know more details, so ask Professor Kim I-jae for his contact number, I contacted you. If possible, could you answer my question?
    1. I heard that Bhutan is a country where 97 percent of its people are happy, and the country also puts the happiness of its people first. As a citizen of Bhutan, do you really feel that most of your people are happy? (Korea is a very depressing country, with the number one suicide rate.) Can you listen to your opinion and tell me why you think it is a country where most people are happy? I want to reflect it in Korean education.
    2. Since you are 18, you will think about your career path after graduating from school. How is the job situation in Bhutan? I'm curious about the economic situation related to your job.
    3. Watching the movie "Yak in the Classroom", internet usage was not as comfortable as Korea. Even foreigners can't travel to Bhutan. From a Korean point of view, Bhutan seems more closed than open, but do you think it's culturally closed for generations like you? I'm curious about your free thoughts and feelings on this.
    4. Related to the previous question, as a Bhutan teenager who has traveled to Korea, is there the biggest difference you feel in Korea and Bhutan?
    5. I saw that you live in Tempu, the capital of Bhutan, is there any cultural heritage or nature you would like to introduce to Korean students?

    I'm sorry for contacting you so suddenly.
    I think you must have been surprised because there were so many questions.
    If you can reply, please feel free to reply.
    I'm always welcome to you.
    Let's meet at GG summer camp.
    From. Hyo Ryung An

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice questions! I’m very thrilled to know that bhutan puts their people’s happiness first than the others, so i would like to know the measures(policies) that’ve been putted in process.we would like to see your reply jigme😊😊

      Delete
Post a Comment

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!