Nice to meet you! My name is Sehui Byun, and my English name is Stephanie. I use both names because my Korean name can be difficult for people from other countries to pronounce.
I have lived in Mungyeong, a small city in South Korea, for over 20 years. I have also had opportunities to travel to many different places in Korea and abroad with my parents. Through these experiences, I became interested in the unique environments and cultures of different regions and came to appreciate what makes each place special.
Mungyeong is known for places such as Mungyeong Saejae and the Mungyeong Coal Museum, which reflect the region’s history and culture. I especially enjoy taking quiet walks around these places. Growing up in Mungyeong, I have come to appreciate its peaceful atmosphere and the way nature and history come together there.
I feel happiest in places where I can take a relaxing walk. My hobbies are listening to music and traveling. Of all the places I’ve visited, I was happiest in Rome, Italy. Everywhere I looked, I could see beautiful historical sites, so I really enjoyed walking around the city and taking in its atmosphere. This summer, I also visited Sydney, Bangkok, Tokyo, and Osaka, where I had the chance to experience the unique atmosphere of each city.
These experiences have made me curious about different parts of the world and how geography shapes people’s lives. As a future elementary school teacher, I hope to share this curiosity with my students and help them see the world from different perspectives. I want to encourage them to become curious about places and cultures beyond their everyday surroundings.
I am currently studying at Gyeongin National University of Education, where I am learning how to become a teacher who can connect students with the wider world. I hope to continue gaining new experiences and become a teacher who helps students explore, understand, and appreciate the diversity of our world.
I didn’t take many pictures of myself in Rome because I was too busy enjoying the sights. So, I’m attaching a photo from my trip to Sydney this summer instead!