Hello, my name is Jiwon Um from South Korea.
I was born in Seoul, and I currently live in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do. Located just north of Seoul, Uijeongbu is surrounded by scenic mountains and has a really vibrant local vibe.
It is also famous as the birthplace of 'Budae-jjigae' (army base stew), a stew made with kimchi, sausages, Spam, and ramen noodles, which originated after the Korean War using U.S. military ingredients.
I’m a junior in college, majoring in elementary education.
I'm a big fan of Keigo Higashino’s novels. These days, spending my time reading in the dorm after school is one of my greatest joys.
Music is also a huge part of my life. I listen to it every single day. (Always open to song recommendations!)
My favorite foods are sushi and shabu-shabu. I love them so much, I could honestly eat nothing but those two. 😂
I love to travel as well, with the United States and Australia being the most memorable places I've visited.
Someday, I really want to visit Switzerland, mainly because being surrounded by nature brings me so much peace and happiness.
A fun fact about me: I’m a total homebody most of the time, but every once in a while, I definitely need to get outside and recharge by hanging out.
