GINUE Friend: Jang from Suwon to Japan
Hello everyone! My name is Pilgyu Jang.
My hometown is Suwon, and I currently live in Pyeongtaek. Domestically, I have traveled to Daecheon, and abroad, I have visited Japan and the US. The US was especially meaningful to me because spending time there during my childhood allowed me to build so many long-lasting memories, which made me truly happy.
Next time, I would love to travel to Fukuoka, Japan, where I hope to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing hot spring trip.
Thank you!
안녕하세요 여러분. 저는 장필규입니다. 저의 고향은 수원이며, 현재는 평택에 거주중입니다. 국내여행은 대천을 가봤고, 해외여행으로는 일본과 미국을 가봤어요. 특히 미국이 어린시절 오랫동안 긴 추억을 쌓을 수 있었던 시간이라 정말 행복했었어요. 다음에는 일본의 후쿠오카로 여행을 가보고싶습니다. 그곳에서 여유롭고 편안한 온천여행을 즐겨보고 싶어요. 감사합니다.
HOPE
Pyeongtaek, the city I call home, is a charming place where urban life and nature blend beautifully. As you walk along the streets, you can easily find lush trees and rich greenery everywhere, allowing you to fully experience the comfort of nature in your daily life. A light hike up a nearby hill rewards you with a breathtaking, panoramic view of the city.
Furthermore, Pyeongtaek's unique regional characteristics cannot be overlooked. Due to the presence of a U.S. military base, you will often encounter American soldiers when taking a bus heading in that direction. This is a distinctive sight unique to Pyeongtaek that is rarely experienced in other cities.
However, there are some drawbacks regarding the residential environment. Some apartments and residential areas located close to the roads suffer from poor soundproofing, exposing them to noise issues. In particular, loud motorcycle exhausts or people shouting late at night cause distress, such as sleep disturbance, for some residents. I believe this is a challenge that Pyeongtaek needs to address moving forward.
제가 살고 있는 평택은 도심과 자연이 아름답게 어우러진 매력적인 도시입니다. 길을 걷다 보면 곳곳에서 우거진 나무와 짙은 녹음을 쉽게 마주할 수 있어 일상 속에서도 자연이 주는 편안함을 한껏 느낄 수 있습니다. 가벼운 마음으로 동네 뒷산에 오르면 탁 트인 평택의 도시 전경이 한눈에 펼쳐져 감탄을 자아냅니다.
또한, 평택만의 독특한 지역적 특색도 빼놓을 수 없습니다. 미군 기지가 자리하고 있어 그 근처로 향하는 버스를 탈 때면 미군들을 종종 마주치곤 하는데, 이는 다른 도시에서는 쉽게 경험하기 힘든 평택만의 이색적인 풍경입니다.
다만, 주거 환경 측면에서는 아쉬운 점도 존재합니다. 도로와 가깝게 인접해 있는 일부 아파트나 주택가의 경우 방음에 취약해 소음 문제에 노출되어 있습니다. 특히 야간 시간에 크게 울리는 오토바이 배기음이나 사람들의 고성방가로 인해 수면 방해 등 피해를 겪는 주민들이 있어, 이 부분은 앞으로 개선이 필요한 평택의 과제라고 생각합니다.


