Hello, I am Ivanka Limón from Nicaragua.
If you want to know more about me, please refer to my introduction on this Handong Platform.
https://saebeomi.blogspot.com/2026/05/handong-friend-ivanka-limon-from.html
H (Home)- One of the biggest environmental problems in Nicaragua that I have as the years have passed notices is deforestation.
O (Observation)- I have noticed each time we go it starts looking less green, and one of the reasons is the modernization of Managua. Where we live, there used to be a lot of fruit trees, and they were big and gave a lot of fruit, but they had to cut them all down to build more houses and streets over that area. Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures I personally have taken but these images serve as a comparison.
P (Plan)- I think that one possible solution for this problem is having a program where they plant trees in relation to how many trees where cut. (Another idea as the city keeps growing, implementing sustainable architecture would be good thing to do)
E (Execute)- Maybe something that school can implement for students to learn about the importance of taking care of our environment even with modernization.
1. Causes and Current Situation of the Local Problem — Appropriate
ReplyDeleteThe project clearly explains how urbanization in Nicaragua, especially in Managua, has led to trees being cut down for new houses and roads. It also connects the problem to personal experiences, making the situation specific and understandable.
2. Use of Visual Materials — Appropriate
Although the photos were not taken personally, the project uses images that compare past and present environmental conditions. These images help visually show the problem of deforestation and the loss of green spaces.
3. Feasibility of the Proposed Solutions — High
The project suggests practical and realistic solutions, such as planting trees to replace those that have been cut down and providing environmental education in schools. These activities can be implemented by schools and local communities.
4. Effectiveness of the Proposed Solutions — Appropriate
Tree planting can help restore green spaces lost through urbanization, while environmental education can increase students’ awareness of environmental protection. Therefore, the proposed solutions are closely connected to the problem.
Overall Reason for Selection:
I selected this project because it identifies an environmental problem based on personal experience and proposes realistic and sustainable solutions, such as tree planting and environmental education in schools.