JJ Friends : Muhammed Lamin Sankareh from Gambia

eje
By -
9

Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

We would like to listen to your story.

If you provide some more story of yours regarding these photos you provided to us, it would be a lot more helpful for us.

Photo Credit: Muhammed Lamin Sankareh 


What are you reading?

Who are they? Could you introduce them to us?

Good selfie, where it was? how did you feel?

Early morning at the WSJ welcome centre. After we arrived in South Korea we were taken to the Jamboree welcome centre and we spent the night there because it was late and unsafe at the Jamboree campsite.

Want to know why I am looking so serious here? I was playing soccer game and I lost my first game, so I didn't want to lose my second game that's why I was looking so serious 😂
The Arch 22 is a commemorative arch on the road into Banjul in The Gambia. It was built in 1996 to mark the military coup d'etat of July 22, 1994, through which Yahya Jammeh and his Armed Forces Provisional Ruling Council overthrew the democratically elected Gambian government of President Sir Dawda Jawara.
I was the flag bearer of The Gambia at the opening ceremony of the Jamboree. I was so fortunate to be on the stage with The Gambian flag and the President of South Korea was right there. The memories of this day is still fresh in my mind because I was so proud to raise the flag of my country in a world gathering. I left a lasting impression because I still watch the video of the ceremony on YouTube to see myself holding the flag of The Gambia.
First activity at the Seonunsa Temple in Gochang. This activity is the 26th activity of the Jeonbuk's 30 regions. And it is located in the West/North part of the Jamboree map. I learnt a lot of Korean cultures there and it was so fun over there.
Here is the Celadon Museum in Buan. We explored a lot of Korean dishes and histories. It's the 29th activity of the Jeonbuk's 30 regions and is located around the western part of the Jamboree map.
Here is the GS Engineering & Construction in Seoul. Due to the whether conditions and expected typhoon to take place in SaeManGuem. We had to move from the Jamboree campsite for our safety. Then the Gambian contingent was taken to the GS Engineering & Construction. They welcomed us warmly and made we enjoyed the rest of the Jamboree. It was so cool over there and we had great memories there.
Just after an activity relaxing 😎
After we were taken to the Myongji University, where we stayed to wait for the day of our flight back to The Gambia. I also want to give a big thanks to the Korean government for making the 25th WSJ a success for us, we appreciate a lot 🙏🏾
We went to a mall in the city of Seoul to do some shopping we want to take back home.
Here is the Banjul international airport in The Gambia. This was the day we departed from The Gambia to go and participate in the 25th WSJ in South Korea.
Men in action 😁. This was an indoor activity at the Jamboree campsite.
Radio scouting. It was so fun 😊
Hello! My name is Muhammed Lamin Sankareh from The Gambia. I was a participant of the 25th World Scout Jamboree that took place in SaeManGuem, South Korea. I'm a grade 12 student in Nusrat Senior Secondary School. The school which is know to be the best high school in The Gambia and I'm studying Commerce. That's me on the picture standing under the Arch 22 of The Gambia in Banjul, the capital city of The Gambia. https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=0e9d35a69ed69d23&hl=en-sn&q=Arch%2022&ludocid=10713773853398330875&ibp=gwp%3B0%2C7&lsig=AB86z5VJF_ky_yiZWYjoYi31f0zm&kgs=60724e44f616c7f6&shndl=-1&shem=lnolc%2Clsde%2Clsp&source=sh%2Fx%2Floc%2Fact%2Fm1%2F3
Cultural day at the Jamboree site ❤. This is a Gambian traditional outfit worn by Gambians on their traditional marriages and other cultural events.
I took this picture at the De-militarize Zone. I went into the tunnel built by the North Korean government at the time of the Korean civil war. It was so cool in there. 
Our last day at the GS E&C. I want to say a big thanks to them for making our Jamboree a memorable one.
Am I not a good painter?😁
This is Karma, my very good friend from Egypt. We still keep in touch.
It was Kimchi time in Buan😋😁. Here is the Kimchi Experience Centre in Buan where we made Kimchi, eat it and drank a sweet rice drink. This is the 30th activity of the Jeonbuk's 30 regions and is located around the West/North part of the Jamboree map.
Tags:

Post a Comment

9Comments

  1. Hi Muhammed! What game were you playing in the last picture? It looks like it needed a lot of focus to play it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy. I was playing a soccer game and it was kind of difficult that's why I was so focused

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you had fun 😅.

      Your experiences in Korea seem so exciting! I'm curious, what was the most surprising thing you learned about Korean culture during your trip?

      Delete
  2. Yeah sure I had so much fun.
    I learned that Korean able-bodied men must complete mandatory military service for 21 months by the time they turn 18. I was surprised when I heard Tottenham player Son was made to complete that mandatory military service when he was still playing football. But he only served for three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that’s really surprising! I had no idea. Thanks for sharing 🫶.

      Delete
  3. Joy drop your contact let’s keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I do.
    “M. L Sankareh” that’s my instagram or “lamz_.s”

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re welcome

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!