GG Mentors : Manuel for Germany & Canada

Big Geographer
By -
0

 

We look forward to meeting Manuel who volunteered a mentor for 2025 GG Summer School. Here is his self-introduction. 




Hello everyone, I’m Manuel!


I Met Eje at a conference last month and am now here to help out as a mentor to share a bit of my knowledge on (particularly) German and Canadian Geography.





About me: I am currently pursuing a PhD in Geography at Western University in London, Ontario, Canada. I was born and raised in Germany where I lived until my early 20s, and then moved to Canada where I mostly worked as a guide (🛶🏔🏕) and an outdoor educator (🌿🌲🦅). Eventually ending up in academia. 


I study the political aspects of shoreline protection along Lake Huron, which happens to be super complex due to indigenous communities, unclear waterfront ownership laws, the interconnectedness of the Geography (what person 1 does affects person 2), and increasing threats due to climate change.


Now, I don’t have a major plan for how to go about this, so I’d love to hear/read a short introduction from each of you with your interests and then build something from there! I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you!!!








Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!